Panasonic Intros Lumix DMC-FX33 and DMC-FX55, Two Smart Little Cameras
"The new Intelligent Auto Mode available on both the DMC-FX55 and DMC-FX33, include:
• Intelligent Scene Selector, which automatically selects the appropriate scene mode from the most frequently-used modes such as Portrait, Scenery, Macro, Night Scenery and Night Portrait;
• Face Detection System, which helps the camera to focus, set auto exposure and detects up to 15 human faces, capturing them clearly and brightly; and
• Continuous Auto-focus, which allows the camera to maintain focus on the subject without having to press the shutter button halfway and allowing for best results of a photo opportunity by minimizing the auto-focus time."
• The DMC-FX55 has a 3-inch LCD screen and the DMC-FX33 comes with a 2.5-inch LCD screen.
• 27 MB of built-in memory, perfect for backing up SDHC/SD Memory Card recording.*
• The new Title Edit function allows the inputting of text to provide additional context to images. Additional functions for adding information to photos include the Text Stamp function and the Travel Date function.
• Category Playback sorts images into categories, such as portraits, events, baby, etc. to allow for easy playback and creation of slideshows.
• Clipboard function allows the user to hold and retrieve certain images that may be useful on a trip, such as a photo of a map or train schedule.
• The DMC-FX33 is compatible with a marine case for underwater shooting.
• The DMC-FX55 will be available in silver, black and pink, while the DMC-FX33 will come in silver, black, blue and brown.
• Both cameras will be available in September 2007. The DMC-FX55 for an MSRP of $349.95 and the DMC-FX33 for an MSRP of $299.95.
X-posted to: madradcamera
^please go there for questions on cameras, not here.